Monday 30 October 2023

A Temporary work area and SolRail 23

I'm still waiting for power to be installed in the Log Cabin. The house rewiring took longer than expected, and we decided to postpone connecting the log cabin until other outside work is completed in order to finally get the interior signed off.

In the meantime, I've recently negotiated a small area in the snug at which I can work on a few projects. I'll have to see if the better half will allow me to solder, but for the moment I've been working on the 1/8th scale model of my proposed Boscarne Junction.

I'd planned to make this scale model mainly to help with thoughts on baseboard construction and to see how it will look visually. As I've been cajoled into setting up a table titled 'Planning a new layout, Boscarne Junction' at Scalefour Cumberland 23, it will come in very handy. Unfortunately, as I've been distracted by entering the Scalefour Jubilee Challenge, I'll still be building the model.


There will be another 1/8th scale model of my Jubilee Challenge project on the table to discuss with those that might be interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment